UpdatedWednesday March 10, 2021 bySteve Severn.
Covid Guidelines for Spring ’21-Points of Emphasis
- Need to designate a Covid Manager, not a coach
- Pre-practice/game screening of players and parents (are they sick or have they been exposed to someone who is sick, must report to AGSA)
- Social Distancing is the priority
- Masks worn when off the field
- Players should not congregate at or near the entrances to the field of play*
- Each team has a set of game balls that are used on defense.
- Coaches and umpires must wear masks at all times.(Umpire Association has been alerted to our requirement)
- Players wearing masks when in the field or batting is optional,
- 3 player max in dugout (bench) others in stands or behind fence, 6 feet apart
- Players use own helmet and bat only
- Catchers gear not exchanged.
- Disinfectant always available
- Game balls disinfected between innings
- No Loud Cheering in groups i.e. the “Covid Circle”
- No chewing seeds, gum or spitting
- *In an effort to encourage social distancing, players should not congregate at or near the entrances to the field of play.
- While on offense, only the batter and the on-deck hitter should be on the field side of the fence and only the in-the-hole hitter should be waiting near the gate to the field, but protected by the fencing.
- All others on offense should be seated, at least six feet apart, on benches or in the bench area